- 1/2 lb. hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 cup any Whistling Well Farm BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cooked and drained pasta
Combine all ingredients in a greased 2 qt. casserole and bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 20 – 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Apple Butter Bars
- 1 – 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups margarine
- 1 – 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup any Whistling Well Farms fruit butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or butterscotch bits
DirectionsMix together flour, oats and brown sugar. Add in small bits of margarine and blend lightly. Press 1/2 mixture in bottom of a greased 8″ square baking pan. Spread with fruit butter. Sprinkle remaining mixture on top and press. Top with nuts or butterscotch chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
Jelly Stuffed French Toast
- 8 slices oatnut (or your favorite) bread
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup any flavor Whistling Well Farm preserves, spread or butter
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond or vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
Spread 4 slices bread with cream cheese and spread remaining 4 slices with preserves, spread or fruit butter. Press 1 slice of each together forming sandwiches. In a shallow bowl beat eggs with milk and extract. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip sandwiches in the egg mixture to coat. Place on skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with syrup or whipped cream (optional). Yield: 4 servings.
5 More Delicious Ways to Use Whistling Well Farm Products…
- Stir a spoonful into plain yogurt, cottage cheese or hot breakfast cereal (oatmeal, cream of wheat or grits)
- Serve Cherry Butter or Pumpkin Butter with cream cheese on graham crackers…YUM!
- Spread Apple or Pumpkin Butter between pancakes and top with chopped walnuts and whipped cream!
- Try buttering sides of your favorite Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich and grilling until melted and gooey.
- Spoon Sweet or Hot Pepper Relish over a block of cream cheese and serve with wheat or rye crackers.